This plugin makes any grid searchable by implementing user interface and search logic. User interface consists of the search field where user types the text to search for and the menu with field names to select where to search for the query.
Live DemoOpen in new window
- written from scratch anew, not a quickie port of the old version
- very easy to deploy
- remote or local search
- user selectable fields to search in
- no configuration options required if used with bottom paging toolbar
- highly configurable: 32 own configuration options
- rich API: 21 own methods and 4 properties
I had invented this plugin way back in 2007 when I needed to provide the user with a simple interface for searching larger databases remotely. The plugin should search as-you-type in selected fields.
Later I have added more features based on different user scenarios such as search-on-enter, local search and radio style menu.
For developers, the plugin must be easy to configure, however, advanced configurations must be possible.
Quick Start Guide
- Extract the downloaded zip file anywhere in your http server accessible folder
- Navigate to http://localhost/where-you-unzipped/saki-grid-search/docs
- Follow the instructions in the Getting Started Guide
The package contains two versions:
- ExtJS 4
- ExtJS 5
- make the field selection stateful